Sunday, January 24, 2010

Web Heartbreakers


Yikes. There's so many horror stories I've heard, seen and experienced since I first pioneered CAD (Computer Aided Design) as young interior architect for Chicago's leading firm in the 1970s -- back when Bill Gates' Microsoft was but a twinkle in his eyes -- that I hardly know where to start.

Genie Trouble

Shortly after I moved to LA 7 years ago to make movies at the tender age of 50 -- after a billion dollar real estate career that included building Oprah's Harpo Studios and a 38-story $162 million skyscraper that I lost my shirt on -- I met a beautiful woman who had a beautiful idea for a website devoted to helping families deal with the grief of losing a loved one. 

My lovely well-intentioned friend lavished tens of thousands of her hard earned dollars on a web designer who lived and worked in India.  But she was distraught when after months and months of broken promises the Indian web designer vanished like a Genie.

After 5 years hunting for the Genie scoundrel, who fled for parts unknown, my gal pal's wonderful grief site for the dearly departed remains a useless wreck of babble code. 

Before we move on, I don't mean to knock Indian web builders.  There's good ones, I'm sure, just as there are plenty rotten American based web designers. I just feel anyone is begging for trouble using overseas labor for the web where clear communications is so vital.

How BuzzBroz Got Started

I first started making my own websites 2 years ago for Kids Talk Politics.  Why?  The show was unexpectedly passed over by PBS even though they aired my 2000 show in prime time!  My solution was to put the show on the web, using what was still the infant YouTube to power the videos on the kids' webpage.

But the project's funding never anticipated the PBS debacle and I could not afford a web designer.  So I had to learn to web design or let the project perish. 

GoDaddy to the Rescue! 

Then and now I find GoDaddy people well trained, available 24/7, Americans based in America, patient and knowledgeable. 

GoDaddy made KidsTalkPolitics.com a breeze.  The show flourished throughout the 2008 elections, with rave reviews from The LA Times, Reuters, YouTube and Parent Magazine.  And the adorable kids' show grows to this day where our viewership via YouTube is nearly 350,000 people.

For now it looks like 2012 will be a better year for Kids Talk Politics than for President Obama. 

GoDaddy Rocks

I've learned the best way to help clients avoid heartache is to create simple easy to navigate pages from stock GoDaddy templates that clients can update on their own or inexpensively have BuzzBroz update.  No knowledge of code is required.  No high priest or Genie of the web to hold BuzzBroz clients hostage. 

With simple typing and mouse skills, cut and pasting of hyper links, the tech support at Godaddy and a good eye... freedom and safety awaits you as a BuzzBroz client.

Men From Mars Help BuzzBroz With the Big Stuff

For clients with elaborate sites and large businesses, BuzzBroz has friendly state of the art web designers at our disposal via our strategic alliance with Mars Studios.  Best of all I met the men from Mars via that rarest of all things relating to web designers... a happy client. 

So big or small websites BuzzBroz has you covered.

Good Social Media Begins on Your Home Page

Why have I spent all this valuable web real estate talking to you about web page design? One simple yet vital reason. 

We create enormous buzz for clients using our Hollywood Ninja social media marketing skills of distributing DVDs and popular web series, hard earned with blood sweat and tears, but unless we can get client's web site is cleaned up and ready to serve the buyer, making purchase of goods or services a breeze, it means nothing.

What I am saying is simply this, unless you and your company are ready to have us asses your website for smooth functionality and to invest some time and money taking our recommendations we'd rather you to take your business elsewhere.

Yeah.  We feel that strongly.  We want to do more than bring people to your webpage.  We want you to make sales.  At BuzzBroz we want you to flourish!

No comments:

Post a Comment