Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wizard Behind the Curtain

Buzzed to you by Ken Sheetz

I was talking to a new potential client who has a great application for Facebook.  More on this later hopefully.  What struck me was how this bright man was feeling like many clients feel about social media: Overwhelmed.

The potential client had been told to budget up to half million dollars to launch a SMM campaign.  Imagine their relief when I told them they could get started for $2000 and reach 5 to 8 million targeted potential users of their app.  If the click through rate is what I hope it might be for them this $2000 could be enough to let them keep rolling over the profits to reach the half million mark without really coming out of pocket.  But certainly $10,000 or 40 million impressions would do the job or show them the app, God forbid is a bust.

I guess my competition must hate me for showing people that there really is no wizard behind the curtain. SMM takes money but it's still a bargain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment